Metal Blade Records, SCORPIONS and the Rainbow Bar & Grill have joined the list of metal royalty who will be inducted into the 2017 Hall Of Heavy Metal History next month. The all-star induction ceremony will take place on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at the Anaheim Expo Center in Anaheim, California. Radio personality Eddie Trunk will host the event.
Performing at the ceremony will be DIO DISCIPLES featuring Craig Goldy, Simon Wright, Scott Warren, Bjorn Englen, Tim “Ripper” Owens and Joe Retta. Former MANOWAR guitarist Ross “The Boss” Friedman will perform with his solo band, which features drummer Rhino (formerly of MANOWAR), vocalist Marc Lopes and bassist Mike LePond (SYMPHONY X). Surprise artists will also take part in the event. Support bands include BUDDERSIDE and L.A. rockers DIAMOND LANE.
The 2017 Hall Of Heavy Metal History inductees are:
* Ronnie James Dio (RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, DIO) (with Wendy Dio accepting the induction)
* Metal Blade Records (with Brian Slagel accepting the induction)
* SCORPIONS (with drummer Mikkey Dee accepting the induction)
* Rainbow Bar & Grill (With Rainbow Bar & Grill owner Mikael Maglieri accepting the induction)
* Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD) (With manager Todd Singerman accepting the induction)
* Ross “The Boss” Friedman (MANOWAR)
* Rudy Sarzo (OZZY OSBOURNE, WHITESNAKE, QUIET RIOT, DIO)
* Frankie Banali (QUIET RIOT) (along with a special 33rd anniversary induction of QUIET RIOT, as the first heavy metal band to achieve the No. 1 album status on the Billboard chart).
* Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO, HEAVEN & HELL)
* Don Airey (DEEP PURPLE)
* Andy Zildjian (president/CEO of Sabian Cymbals)
* Randy Rhoads (OZZY OSBOURNE) (with the Rhoads family members accepting the induction)
“The induction of Ronnie into the annual Hall Of Heavy Metal History is indeed an honor and I know Ronnie would have been very proud,” says Wendy Dio. “On behalf of the board of directors of the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund, we thank you for your support and donation. Every penny will go to cancer research and education, to hopefully one day find a cure for this horrible disease that takes the lives of so many of our loved ones.”
“We are totally honored to be inducted into such a great organization,” says Metal Blade Records founder Brian Slagel. “I am awestruck at the names that stand beside us, and so thankful for everyone who has helped us along the way. Huge thanks to all at the Hall Of Heavy Metal History for this great honor.”
“Our family is so deeply honored to have Randy inducted into the Hall Of Heavy Metal History,” say Kathy and Kelle Rhoads. “To think that after all these years since he has passed, he is still remembered and respected is totally awesome. His passion for music continues to inspire so many. It was always about the music for him. He would be speechless about this award, and so would our mom!!”
A press conference and general admission entrance will commence at 6:30 p.m. The induction ceremony will take place from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
A VIP meet-and-greet with the celebrity inductees will take place after the induction ceremony. Ross The Boss, BUDDERSIDE, DIAMOND LANE, and surprise guests will perform throughout the night.
Music fans can be a part of the most important night in heavy metal! Tickets are $25.00 for general admission, and $100.00 for combined general admission and VIP meet-and-greet with the celebrity inductees. VIP ticket includes special VIP seating, pictures and autographs with the celebrity inductees, gift bag with an official VIP pass, an official event poster, an official event t-shirt, an official event program, and additional sponsor items.
For tickets, go to www.thehallofheavymetalhistory.org/store.